MyGlam unboxing!! (Click to COMMENT…)
Recently, there have been a lot of videos on youtube about what they received in their MyGlam bag. This post is my version of unboxing my MyGlam bag! For those of you who are unfamiliar with MyGlam, it is a beauty subscription service in which you pay $10 a month and receive 5 beauty samples in a makeup bag per month. The service serves as a way to find out and test new products. The website to signup is http://www.myglam.com/ and the creator of MyGlam is Michelle Phan, a very successful beauty youtuber. During the signup process you are instructed to fill out a quiz so that your 5 samples are catered toward your preferences. There is a lot of excitement around MyGlam this month (December 2011) because it is the first MyGlam bag to be launched. I heard about MyGlam on twitter and was able to signup before announcements were made about MyGlam on youtube.
I received the following in my MyGlam bag:
- Full sized (1.5g) Urban Decay eyeshadow in the color Sin (shimmery rose beige)
- Deluxe sample (3mL) of Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara (increases lash volume by 424%)
- Full sized (6.5g) of NYX soft matte lip cream in the color Tokyo
- Deluxe sample (3.7mL) of Urban Decay eyeshadow primer
- 50 sheets of Blush Paper from MAI Couture in the color Sunset Blvd.
- 2 coupons (25% off on blush and blemish control papers, $15 off urban decay book of shadows IV)
- And of course the makeup bag with a little mirror attached (just to note, it is not the cheap bendable mirrors but it is a real proper mirror)
I am very pleased with this first MyGlam bag, I plan to use everything except the mascara because I already have the same one. But, I plan to give it to my mother as it is a great product. I believe that everyone got the same color eyeshadow, mascara, and primer, but depending on how you filled out your quiz you could either receive the blush paper (dry, combination skin) or blotting paper (oily, acne skin). Also, I noticed that others got different colored lip cream as well, I got a pink color because I put down that I prefer nude colors. I hope everyone gets a chance to signup with MyGlam as it seems like a great beauty subscription service!